Magnifique Asiatique, Bangkok, Thailand 2013

21:08

   Joyful Friday peeps! Today i'm gonna blog about my trip to Bangkok last month with my mum and cousins! I know, i still owe you guys some entries from my Europe Trip but last year was such a travel-ful year. I'm sorry but i will try my best to blog more about travel. Hope you guys will enjoy this entry!

   I first went to during last year's summer. It was a short shopping trip so i didn't visit many places, except for malls and restaurants in Bangkok's city center. However, this time around, thanks to my cousins in Bangkok, we got the chance to really move around Bangkok and experience more in this city that never sleeps. 

   After landed and checked into our hotel of the night, my cousin brought us to the latest happening area in Bangkok--Asiatique, Riverfront. According to cousin Yap, it's the new happening place in Bangkok and we had to visit it. So, we traveled there by cab and spent the rest of the night there. P/s: Bangkok's cab fare is really reasonable!

   First stop: Authentic Thai Cuisine at  Ma Hi Restaurant
Tom Yam Kung (Prawns) in Coconut Cup--200 baht
Fried shrimp cake
Green Curry Chicken--130 baht
   Well, the food was average but cheap. I still think our own Thai Thai cooks better than them. I would rate it 5/10. Anyways, after dinner, i went back to this fried ice-cream stall that caught my eyes when i first arrived. I remember i saw it from some food channel, selling this unique dessert in Thailand. I got to give it a try! I had a Chocolate Almond topped with whipped cream, Mommy had the Mixed Berries with yogurt base and Cousin Yap had a Chocolate Cornflakes with milk base.
Variety of toppings, just like frozen yogurt, you can simply choose your topping


He first pour the ice-cream mixture on a piece of large, round ice (guessing it's a dry ice kinda thing) Someone please enlighten me
After mixing them well, he spreads it over as thin as possible, and scrapped it out to form a roll like this
Mixed berries with yogurt base--89 baht
Chocolate cornflakes with milk base--89 baht
Chocolate almond topped with whipped cream
   Words can't describe how good it was! I absolutely love the making of the ice-cream. It was very unique and enthralling to watch. The flavor of the ice cream was rich and creamy, just like our usual ice-cream but it was not that sweet. I love how the 'dry-ice-kinda-thing' made the ice-cream cooler and more resistant to temperature. By the time i finished enjoying my cup of awesomeness, it is still fresh and solid. Kudos for that! The best thing is, it is only 89 baht! Can you believe it?!

We were quite lucky as there was this international food fair going on, we got to taste plenty of other snacks

Coconut something, couldn't remember the name but it was ok



my tourist shot

personally like the decor of this shop, kinda reminds me of my Europe trip last summer
   I sincerely love this place so much that i would never leave. LOL. It is modern yet preserves the culture of Thailand from its building and settings. The theme of Asiatique is comprising different styles of warehouses, joining all the eateries, snacks, fashion, entertainement and more, just beside a scenic Mekhong River. It is highly accessible, you can reach here with boat or cab and Asiatique is quite near to the Bangkok city as well. The European and local fusion gives this place an exciting vibe and the crowd is the living prove of how successful this new location is.




   Alright, i guess this marks the end of the post. Sorry it took me so long to produce my entry. It has been a hectic month but thanks for having faith in me! I will do better in bringing more exciting news, food reviews and travel experience to you guys! Off to CNY shopping now! xoxo



You Might Also Like

0 comments